EASTERN Home Inspections also provides Structural and Mechanical Inspections for clients who are relocating for business or other purposes. Additionally, these types of inspections are used if you want a second opinion on the findings of another inspection company or are a seller and want a pre-sale assessment.
Structural and Mechanical Inspections start at $250
To determine the structural integrity and soundness of the building, EASTERN will inspect the following:
- Foundation - The significance of any distress or deterioration.
- Basement/Crawl Space Water - Drainage within five (5) feet of the home, water entry and/or accumulation, excessive moisture, and water control systems equipment.
- Framing - Accessible and visible (floor, ceiling, roof framing), wood deterioration, insect, rot and other related deterioration, and visually evaluate adequacy of framing of other structural components.
- Roof - Roof surfacing, layers, flashing, sheathing (Fire Resistant Plywood), gutters for condition, type, current performance and evidence of leakage.
- Interior/Exterior - Evidence of distress, conditions affecting the overall structural integrity and stability of the building such as deterioration and weather tightness (siding and windows).
- General - Decks, porches and other attached structures (e.g. garages).
In addition, EASTERN Home Inspectors will report any significant safety hazards noted during the inspection.
The structure's mechanical components which EASTERN inspects are the following:
- Heating system
- Air conditioning system
- Fireplaces / chimneys
- Plumbing system
- Hot water heater
- Major appliances.
A Mechanical Inspection is a great way to learn more about the reliability of the home's systems and components that are depended on everyday.